As one of our rarest and most expensive oils, Melissa essential oil has a wide range of benefits and uses. Due to its positive effect on mood, Melissa has long been used to help calm feelings when applied topically. Also known as lemon balm, the sweet, fresh, citrus-like fragrance of Melissa was known to attract honeybees. This is where the name “Melissa” came from, which is Greek for honey bee.
- When used topically, Melissa can help promote feelings of relaxation.
- Melissa essential oil is valued for its fresh, sweet, and citrus-like aroma which is uplifting.
- Melissa is known for its soothing properties and its ability to help calm tension.
- Add to moisturiser or a spray bottle with water and spritz on face to rejuvenate skin.
- Rub on forehead, shoulders, or chest for feelings of calm and to promote emotional well-being.
- After a long day, let your mind and body relax and unwind with a massage featuring Melissa essential oil.
- Use Melissa oil before bedtime to promote a relaxing environment.
REJUVENATE YOUR SKIN
Give your skin an invigorating boost by applying Melissa essential oil. Add Melissa oil to your moisturiser or to a spray bottle with water and spritz your face. This simple essential oil addition will give your skin a rejuvenated feeling.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Food additive use: Dilute one drop in 125 ml of liquid.
Topical use: For massage, mix 5 drops with 10 ml carrier oil. For bath, mix 5 drops with 5 ml carrier oil. For perfuming, mix 1 drop to 10 drops carrier oil.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.