Spikenard, a flowering plant of the Valerian family, is native to high altitudes in the sub-alpine and alpine regions of the Himalayan mountains. Spikenard essential oil is steam distilled from the roots of the plant and has been valued for centuries, traditionally used to anoint people of high honor and in the Ayurvedic health practices of India. Historically, Spikenard was used to uplift mood and promote relaxation. Spikenard promotes clean, healthy skin. Today, the oil is commonly used in perfumes and relaxing massage oils for its woody, musty scent. By sourcing Spikenard oil from Nepal, doTERRA is able to support much needed income streams for harvesters and partner distillers, particularly in the remote areas where it is harvested, as well as support needed rural community development projects through our Cō-Impact Sourcing® initiatives.
- Spikenard oil has an uplifting aroma that can help promote feelings of relaxation and calmness.
- Purifies the skin and promotes a clean, healthy glow when applied topically.
- Blends well with Frankincense, Juniper Berry, Myrrh or Vetiver oil.
- Unique woody, spicy scent, Spikenard is commonly used in the perfume industry.
- Apply to toenails for clean, healthy nails.
- Add Spikenard to a warm foot bath to promote relaxation.
- Combine one drop Spikenard with moisturiser to smooth or soften skin.
- Add one to two drops to your favourite cleanser or antiaging product to promote healthy, glowing skin.
- Create a personalised fragrance by combining Spikenard with one or more oils such as Clove, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Myrrh, Wild Orange, Rose, or Vetiver.
- Apply one to two drops to back of neck or temples to promote feeling of calmness and relaxation.